Komcept Solutions Diversity and Inclusion Stance
One of Komcept’s core valued attributes is ‘Supportive’.
We know that promoting an internal culture that appreciates difference and recognises that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to the workplace and improve the way we work.
We view anti-discrimination legislation such as the Equality Act 2010 as an absolute minimum, and strive instead to push for the best in every member of the team as individuals, acknowledging that it is not always appropriate for everyone to be treated in exactly the same way. More often it is the case that different steps should be taken to ensure that everyone is afforded the same opportunities as each other.
We attempt to provide the same access to opportunities to all, by removing any obstacles to this being provided organically.
Everyone is valued at Komcept, our workforce is diverse, and we intend to always be this way, valuing everyone and respecting our differences so that each employee feels able to give their best.
At KSL, and in the society we represent, we all have differences, both visible & invisible. Our attitude to inclusion strives to ensure that we are celebrated and valued because of those differences.
There can be no equality of opportunity if variety is not appreciated and harnessed and so we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
We recognise that variety in people’s life experiences, and the way in which they move through the world around them can greatly enrich the ideas and opinions that are brought to the table during company discussions. As a result, KSL embraces having teams made up of a varied mix of people, and the conflicting ideas that result to challenge our ways of thinking.
Our team at KSL is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
Here, we promote dignity and respect for all, where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued and where everyone has the right to live their lives free of bullying and harassment.
Komcept wants our team to be doing their best work. To help enable that, we try to create an environment where everyone is able to be themselves and thrive when they’re at work.
The best way to achieve this is to live it, where every day we are all leading from the examples of others.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Stance applies across all practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; and promotions.
What follows reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all in our employment and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of any differences, visible or invisible. Komcept will;
- View our employment practices and procedures as guidelines, to provide clarity for all, but to be reviewed when necessary to ensure fairness.
- Take seriously any complaints regarding unequitable treatment of staff based on any defining trait.
- Expect all employees to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion.
- Apologise when we get things wrong and adapt our behaviour to address the problem.
- Select candidates for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, on the basis of their aptitude and ability.
- Give help and encouragement to all employees to develop their full potential and utilise their unique talents, fully utilising the skills and resources of our organisation and maximising the efficiency of our whole workforce.
- Make all employees aware that an inclusive culture is being fostered which they have a personal responsibility to embrace, and this position will also be drawn to the attention of job applicants and other stakeholders.
- Aim to be diverse in our workforce selection, understanding that someone’s differences, rather than their qualifications alone, may make them the best person for the role.
- Support the right of everyone to live their lives free of bullying and harassment.
- Promote dignity and respect for all, where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
- Help and encourage all individuals to develop their full potential, with opportunities for training, development and progress appropriate to their own appetite.
- Encourage all staff to disclose information relating to any disability. This will enable the organisation to work with those individuals to understand and agree any subjective reasonable adjustments needed in the workplace.
The equality, diversity and inclusion policy is fully supported by the Management Team & the Board of Directors, and has been approved by Mike Duxbury, Project Director at Inclusive Farm and Diversity and Inclusion Advisor at KSL.
“I’m Mike Duxbury, I have worked in the field of Diversity and Inclusion for over 25 years. Firstly as head of DI for Vodafone Group PLC which I held for 8 years. I then went on to be an independent consultant working on projects for the likes of Manchester United Football Club, O2, Apple, British Airways and AWE Aldermaston. I have worked in over 16 countries helping the diverse community get a better understanding in the corporate world, but also helping many companies understand the benefits of working and employing people within the different diverse groups. There has to be a balance in the world today that allows fair treatment of all peoples wanting to both work and live in a diverse society.
“I have also been totally blind for 45 years and have both experience of trying to gain employment as a disabled person, but also working in a diverse culture that brings such great rewards for all concerned. I have joined KSL as an adviser on all projects where my knowledge and experience working on projects in many different countries will ensure best practice across all areas.”
Komcept Solutions is proud to announce the launch of its new website. We are hoping that our new site reflects the modern, innovative, collaborative and supportive company we are. We wanted to make our new website more up-to-date, easy to use, and enable us to provide our clients with first-hand…View More
Brand New Lockhart design!
Are you familiar with our Lockhart kit? The three main devices from our bestselling kit have had a makeover! This TSCM range allows for portable sweeping devices to search rooms prior to meetings or as a permanent monitor of a room to detect if hostile devices are being brought into…View More
Number 10 suspected of being a target of spyware attack!
As seen in the media, it has been stated that No 10 may have been the target of a powerful Pegasus spyware infection. Pegasus is a powerful tool that allows the user to sweep the content of a phone, this can include messages, calls, and location. This is a very…View More